The Scorching Point is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. See more info here.
Hitting the gym remains on the to-do list for most people; the workout motivation seems out of reach. Yes, everyone wants to lead a healthy lifestyle and get that beautiful build and shape. However, how can we achieve this, especially in this fast-paced world, having to deal with full-time occupations, giving attention to family and other activities that we cannot say no to?. Usually, in the evenings, we find ourselves lying on the couch, drafting out plans for the next day (including no form of exercise) while eating a late-night snack. Then the guilt sets in.
Sadly, we cut out activities that should benefit our body, which usually results in adverse outcomes. How can we give out an optimum performance if our body fails us?
Whether you’re just trying to clear your mind, lose weight or merely stay fit after a busy day, workouts should be an integral part of your daily life. Words are powerful, and just a word can change an entire day; imagine what a group of words can do. A few workout motivation quotes are unarguably things you must make a priority.
And never get disappointed if you aren’t getting the outcomes you want super fast. As to getting in shape and fitness, consistency is the only key. You must duly follow your routines even if you don’t want to. For more motivation on workout and to keep going all through the day, you can read and come back to re-read these quotes compiled for you. Better yet, select your favorite ones and use them to create text images you can use as your wallpaper.
Here are 70 workout motivation quotes to get you inspired to hit the gym and stay motivated all through the day.
- “Progress only shows as a result of struggle; if there is no struggle, expect no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
- “Never allow your excuses overpower you; be stronger than them.” – Anonymous
- “You don’t have to go fast, just make sure you are moving” – anonymous
- “Anything that hurts you today is making you stronger for what is to come tomorrow” – Jay Cutler
- “Just do it” – Nike.
- “Reflect about why you started whenever you feel like giving up” – Anonymous
- “He that is sitting under the shade today enjoys the privilege because another man planted the tree a long time ago” – Warren Buffet
- “The last four reps is what actually impacts the muscle the most. The pain you experience at this moment is what defines a champion and distinguishes them from someone who isn’t a champion.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Almost anything is possible with self-discipline” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “You fail at the moment you stop trying” – Albert Einstein
- “The only place you can see success before work is in the dictionary” – Vidal Sassoon
- “Success is supposed to be hard. If it were an easy task, everyone would be successful.” – Tom Hanks
- “The decision to act is one of the trickiest one to make; the rest is just tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
- “You only get what you work for.” – Anonymous
- “You can’t be the only obstacle in your watch. You’re too smart for that” – Jennifer Freeman
- “You must be expectant before you can achieve great things” – Michael Jordan
- “You are just a few reps away from a good mood” – Anonymous
- “Life’s tragedy isn’t in the inability to reach your goals; it lies in in the absence of any set goal” – Benjamin E Mays
- “A thirst for success, zeal to attain your full potential, and the thirst for success… these are some of the roads that lead to excellence.” – Confucius
- “You must back the desire to acquire something you’ve never had with the willingness to do something you’ve never done” – Thomas Jefferson
- “The body you’ve desired for a long while, or junk food you crave for a few hours? The choice is yours.” – Anonymous
- “We are what we give our consistency to. Excellence is a habit, not a mere act.” – Aristotle
- “Your fitness is wholly mental. Your mind pushes, the body follows.” – Carl Lewis
- “Lack of confidence only shows you ways not to win.” – Carl Lewis
- “What differentiates the possible from the impossible lies in your determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “I’d rather have slow progress than no progress” – Benjamin E. Mays
- “Growth has only one strategy: hard work.” – William Hague
- “Giving efforts less than your best means sacrificing your gift” – Steve Prefontaine
- “Fitness isn’t a destination; it is a lifestyle.” – Anonymous
- “The decision of whether you can, or you can’t solely depend on you.” – Henry Ford
- “No matter how slow you feel you are moving, you are still faster than the ones on the couch.” – Anonymous
- “In life, you always have two options, you either throw in the towel or wipe the sweat off your face with it.” -Michael Jordan
- “You miss every shot you fail to take” – Wayne Gretzky
- “At the end of every day, make sure you have no excuses, regrets or explanations” – Steve Maraboli
- “Admitting that you are not in your preferred destination is the starting point of change in your life” – Deborah Day.
- “You can choose to step forward toward growth or backward toward safety.” Abraham Maslow
- “We cannot go back to make a brand new start, but we can start from now and work towards and brand new ending” – Carl Bard
- “Every workout opportunity missed is a missed self-improvement chance” -Anonymous
- “Have you ever seen anyone drown in sweat?” -Lou Holtz
- “Usually, our fears are what we need to do” – Waldo Ralph Emerson
- “Change your mindset: Work out because you love, not hate your body.” – Anonymous
- “Champions get up even when their body says no” – Jack Dempsey
- “Motivation gets you started, but persistence and consistency guarantees success” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “Keep doing your best even if no one gives you credit for it” – Anonymous
- “Run when you have to, walk when you can, crawl if that is what the situation permits; just never stop moving.” Anonymous
- “Be fearless; then success follows” – Serena Williams
- “Set almost unattainable goals. If you set goals within reach without needing much thought or work, you’ll get stuck in between your talent and potential” – Steve Garvey
- “Beauty is innate; you’ve always been beautiful. Now, you must decide to be faster, stronger, healthier, or fitter. Always keep that in mind” – Anonymous
- “Don’t ever be afraid of moving slowly: dread standing still” – Chinese proverb
- “The pain that accompanies regret is greater than the cost of discipline” – Nido R. Quibien
- “Your action today dictate your future” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Never give up” – John Cena
- “Think of exercise as a celebration of your body’s capabilities, not a punishment for things you are” – Anonymous
- “Do what others won’t do today, so you can accomplish what they can’t tomorrow” – Jerry Rice
- “Nothing is easy; you just have to keep moving and prevent small stuff from bogging you down” – Stella Maeve
- “I don’t care about what lies ahead; I just want to keep moving forever” – Fuyumi Soryo
- “Courage doesn’t roar; it sometimes comes as a gentle voice that whispers “I will try again tomorrow” at the end of each day” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Monitor your habits, not weight.” – Anonymous
- “Some life failures are from people who didn’t realize how close they were to being successful before giving up” – Thomas Edison
- “Fitness isn’t all about getting better than another person. It’s all about challenging your best” – Khloe Kardashian
- “Keep hiking, keep keeping your friends, keep your downtime as sacred as well because no matter the hard work, it’s nice to have time to relax and wind off. Stress is the worst thing that can happen to a person: the primary demise of good things” – Diana Elise Agron
- “You only have to put one foot in front of the other to keep moving” – George Lucas
- “If you are really serious about eating fruit, you keep climbing. Fruits are on top of the tree, so stretch your hands and keep doing that. Success is at the top. Keep going!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “If you stop, you lose all you’ve ever worked for” – Greyson Chance
- “Well, I’m not the richest, the most talented, nor the smartest. However, I succeed because I keep going and going” – Sylvester Stallone
- “The surest way to success is always to try one more time.
- “Tenacity and talent keeps you going in the face of defeat” – Martin Seligman
- “The moment they underestimate you, know that there is a potential in there,” Germany Kent
- “Make taking care of your body the love of your life” – Anonymous
- “Never lose focus” – Frank Shorter
Getting motivated for workouts can be pretty tricky, especially having had a stressful day or week. Pushing through that stress and exhaustion felt daily can feel pretty daunting, but taking a step out of your comfort zone is usually the best decision. Read a couple of the workout motivation quotes in this article and tap into the motivation to get back to working towards a fitter and healthier you.